Some Family Time


A rare thing happened last weekend. I took some time off to be with my men.
If you own your own business, then you know that a day off can be a rarity. You are after all, head cook, bottle washer, CFO and HR all rolled into one, which is a LOT of freaking titles. 
While I'm usually pretty good about shutting off the work valve on Sundays, my Saturdays are usually spent meeting with clients, shopping for projects, checking out what's new at the fabric store and design centers etc., often times with Xavier in tow. 
I've had a lot of guilt about that recently, guilt that he spends so much time schlepping around with either the hubs or I, who also often works on Saturdays, when he should be running wild in a park with other kids. So after a manic few weeks of back-to-back project installations and renovations, my brain froze. It had had enough. I cancelled my Saturday appointments and we took Xavier to the park.
 

He of course had a blast, zipping around pretending to be a soccer star, marveling at the birds, at the clouds, at a water fountain and making friends with everyone he came in contact with. The kid is a natural charmer. Be warned little ladies.
The hubby, who got a fancy camera for Christmas, took the photos - with a lot of sprinting back and forth no less. 
A simple, simple thing some time off, but what a gift it was.
All photos by PFQ Photography.
You have read this articleBusiness / family time / Personal Musings / Women with the title Some Family Time. You can bookmark this page URL http://taselsandtwigs.blogspot.com/2014/03/some-family-time.html. Thanks!
Write by: A-Efendy - Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Comments "Some Family Time"

Post a Comment